Steph followed up her What’s Your Electric Fence? with ROAR – How you doin’ Peeps? and I let her know what was happening with my “electric fence”. When I read her reply, I realize I hadn’t explained the tangled mess of things very well at all, especially when I wrote No spinal stim implant for now.
Please bear with me, dear readers. This is going to be long. But I hope things will be clearer now.
- This first procedure is only a “test run”. See Screening Test for Medtronic Spinal Cord Stimulation if you want the full-on details.
- The “test run” procedure was supposed to happen before New Year’s. I was so hot to trot, but then I got the trots. Too much of a risk for infection.
- The triage nurse at Pinnacle Pain Center seemed to suggest that I’d have to wait 6 to 12 months to reschedule.
- I canceled all of my appointments at Pinnacle, and went back to the doctor I received cortisone epidural #5 from at Kadlec Neuroscience. I figured since he had mentioned spinal cord stim therapy, maybe I could get to do it earlier than 6 months away. Actually, I got to talk to the nurse practitioner again. The answer was no. This was what No spinal stim implant for now was about.
- So I went back to Pinnacle Pain and made an appointment to see Dr. D again. I realized he would have rescheduled pretty much any time– not 6 to 12 months away, anyways. Triage nurse made a huge blunder. Doc D had been under the impression I didn’t want to work with him anymore. No, I said, I thought I’d have to wait and I was exploring my options. Doc D sent a message to a Medtronics rep to answer more questions and I said I’d take a month to think things over.
- More of my body doing the Hippy Hippy Shake came along. As in a near week of Shake, Rattle, and Roll:
- Went back to Doc D with Dad and Cimmorene to ask to schedule the “test drive” right away– well, April 14th was the best I could get.
I hope that makes MUCH more sense! Spinal cord stim: Take 2…