As seen at Skoolie‘s VOX. She says:
So what is truth and what is fiction? What is the one lie? and I want all of my friends to do this. It should be fun so even if you don’t comment here, do your own, I’d love to see it.
As some of you know, dear readers, I do enjoy memes and quizzes of this sort. Its original form is “2 Truths, 1 Lie”, so if you wish to share only two and not five, that’s fine, but for curiosity’s sake, five helps that “getting to know you” objective so I do invite you to give five if you can.
1. An apartment we lived in was quite an experience. It was a fourplex on the corner of a busy street and a quiet one. One of our downstairs neighbors just below us decided to get the bright idea of becoming a madam and running a brothel out of her unit. So for a while at any given time we would have nowhere to park because of all the vehicles occupying that tiny little parking lot. The booze would flow and the music was loud late into the night– one evening Cimmorene went down and knocked on the door asking them to turn it down. She said the girl that answered the door appeared to be inebriated and to be sizing her up for a trick. Another evening I came home with my daughter, who was all but 2 or 3 at the time, after keeping her busy for the day. One of the girls was at the foot of the stairs with a john and so I played it cool. Oddly enough, it hadn’t sunk in what she was doing although ironically my thought was “She looks like a whore!” Probably best I didn’t immediately realize– looking back, what could I have said? “Say bye bye to the nice whore, Princess”…?
2. The animator Don Bluth, who created movies such as An American Tail, The Secret of NIMH, and Anastasia is my father’s cousin. His middle name is Virgil.
3. I’m also distantly related to Mitt Romney, former contender for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination and governor of Massachussetts.
4. After finishing up music studies at Central Washington University, I took my newfound guitar skills and started playing bass in an electropunk band. We called ourselves “Cyberstank” and said we were influenced by Kraftwerk, Parliment/Funkadelic, and Spike Jones. Our lead singer was a hacker chick that didn’t like our suggestions for costumes at first but then shocked us all with her own apparel consisting of wires, chips, several metal parts from various household appliances, and a revealing rubber catsuit.
5. My first year of college was at a church-affliated school where I got kicked out after just a few semesters. One of my dormmates was a crazy Texan that one day insisted I needed a haircut after trimming it just a month ago, and so I had it shaved on the sides straight down to the skin with the help of another dormmate we all called “GQ” because of his pretty boy looks and preppy clothes. Some dared me to stiffen the remaining hair into a mohawk but I wasn’t that gutsy.
6. [EDIT November 23, 2013- time to play again, and oops, need another item!]
Another apartment I lived in had some problems with crime. There was a stabbing and two burglaries shortly after we moved in. The children ran like wild dogs and would vandalize anything we had outside our unit if we dared to even scold them.
EDIT: To be fair to everyone, I’ll send the answers privately. I will probably reveal all in another post, since I will only be messaging you as to the validity of your guess.