The north closet got the biggest makeover. Understand, Cimmorene assembled those shelves herself and then pulled out ALL the junk that was in there. I lend a hand as I could, and passed her food to place on those shelves (i.e., they are for food storage purposes). As I said in my other post, I went to our pantry inside and pulled out the things we wanted to store out here. I also sorted school books and such (as I also referred to in the other post) as per my promise. Some I wanted to keep. Some of them will be taken for cash at our local Book Worm bookstore, and the rest will be donated to a thrift store. Some were borrowed from my father, and I spoke with him today about returning them.
The south closet had a plastic drawer set that was holding our last food storage setup. We decided to dispose of it. The goal was to make sure items were away from the furnace (it's to the right in that picture). Cimmy proudly showed it to our apartment manager and apparently we should pass that part of an apartment inspection the next time it comes up.
One picture I forgot to take a picture of was the porch between the two closets. This was another work in progress. See, I set up bins to separate our recycling– a bit messy at times, but it's about the only way Princess gets any cash. We had worked hard to get a setup that was neat and relatively tidy before. Today, it was mostly about removing the dust from the concrete and the doormats we had set out. There is not much grass along that porch (as part of the complex's outer area) and so dust is a problem. We hope that our current management, who has been very "go-to" about repairs and maintenance, will eventually put in some grassa to fill in the bald spots. Then again, they will have to fill the big rut in the dirt my daughter made.